Programme Education Objectives (PEO)
|PEO1:||Preparation To prepare students to excel in postgraduate programmers or to succeed in industry / technical profession through global, rigorous education.|
|PEO2:||Core Competence To provide students with a solid foundation in Mathematical Scientific and Engineering fundamentals require to solve engineering problems and also to pursue higher studies.|
|PEO3:||Breadth To train students with good scientific and engineering breadth so as to comprehend, analyze, design and create novel products and solution for the real life problems.|
|PEO4:||Professionalism To inculcate in students professional and ethical attitude, effective communication skills, teamwork skills, multidisciplinary approach and ability to relate engineering issues to broader social context.|
|PEO5:||Learning : To provide a student with an academic environment aware of excellence, leadership, written ethical codes and guidelines and the life-long learning needed for a successful professional career.|
Programme Outcomes (PO)
After successful completion of B.E. Civil Engineering Program students will be able to:
- Engineering Knowledge: apply knowledge of mathematics, science, and engineering fundamentals, and an engineering specialization to the solution of complex engineering problems
- Problem Analysis: Identify, formulate, review research literature, and analyze complex engineering problems reaching substantial conclusions using first principles of mathematics, natural sciences, and engineering sciences.
- Design /Development of solutions: Design solutions for complex engineering problems and design system components or process that meet the specified needs with appropriate consideration for the public health and safety, and the cultural, social, and environmental consideration.
- Conduct investigation of complex problems: use research based knowledge and research methods including design of experiments analysis and interpretation of data and synthesis of information to provide valid conclusions.
- Modern tool usage: Create select and apply appropriate techniques resources and modern engineering and IT tools including prediction and modeling to complex engineering activities with and understanding of limitations.
- The Engineer and society: Apply reasoning applied by the contextual knowledge to asses social health safety legal and cultural issues and the consequent responsibilities relevant to professional engineering practice.
- Environment and sustainability: Understand the impact of professional engineering solutions in societal and environmental contexts and demonstrate the knowledge of and need for sustainable development.
- Ethics: Apply ethical principles and commit to professional ethics and responsibilities and norms of the engineering practice.
- Individual and team work: function effectively as an individual and as a member or leader in diverse teams and in multidisciplinary settings.
- Communications: communicate effectively on complex engineering activities with engineering community and with society at large such as being able to comprehend and write effective reports and design documentation make effective presentation and give and receive clear instructions
- Project management and finance: Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of engineering and management principles and apply these to one’s own work as a member and as a leader in team to manage projects and in multidisciplinary environments.
- Life-Long learning: Recognize the need for and have an preparation and ability to engage in independent and lifelong learning in the broadest context of technical change.
Program Specific Outcomes (PSPO)
- An ability to work as multifaceted personality in different capacities.
Thank you for reading!