1. What is the eligibility criteria for Maharashtra State Candidate and Outside Maharashtra State Candidate ?
Candidate should be an Indian National and should have passed the HSC (Std.XII)examination of Maharashtra State Board of Secondary and Higher Secondary Education or its equivalent examination with subjects English, Physics, Mathematics and Chemistry/Biotechnology /Biology/ Technical Vocational subject.
Secured minimum 50%marks (minimum 45%marks, in case of Backward class categories and Persons with Disability candidates belonging to Maharashtra State only) in the Subjects Physics, Mathematics and Chemistry/Biotechnology/ Biology / Technical / Vocational subject added together.
Obtained a positive Composite score* i.e., marks obtained after adding 50% of JEE (Main)2014 (Paper 1) marks and 50% of normalized Standard XII (Board or Equivalent Examination) marks in Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics.
2. What is the Eligibility Criteria for All India Candidates ?
Candidate should be an Indian National and should have passed the HSC (Std.XII) examination of Maharashtra State Board of Secondary and Higher Secondary Education or its equivalent examination with subjects English, Physics, Mathematics and Chemistry/Biotechnology /Biology/ Technical Vocational subject
Secured minimum 50% marks (minimum 45%marks,in case of Backward class categories and Persons with Disability candidates belonging to Maharashtra State only) in the subjects Physics, Mathematics and Chemistry/Biotechnology /Biology/Technical Vocational subjectadded together.
Obtained All India Rank in JEE (Main) 2014 (Paper 1) given by CBSE
3. What is Eligibility criteria of Candidates who have passed Diploma in Engineering/Technology and seeking admission to First Year of Engineering/Technology in Unaided Institutes ?
Diploma holders should have passed the Diploma course in Engineering/Technology with minimum of 50% marks (45% marks in case of candidates of Backward class categories and Persons with Disability belonging only to Maharashtra State) and medium of instruction as English from the AICTE approved Diploma Institutes affiliated to State Boards of technical Education
4. Is there any reservation for female candidates ?
As per the provisions in Govt. Resolution No. GEC‐1000/ (123/2000)/ Tech. Edu.‐1, dated 17th April 2000, 30% seats available for Maharashtra State CAP shall be reserved for female candidates in all the courses of the institutions coming under CAP. This reservation shall be applicable for General, SC, ST, DT/VJ (NT‐A), NT‐B, NT‐C, NT‐D and OBC categories. Seats reserved for Female candidates are available under 70% Home University seats,30% Other than Home University seats and State Level seats coming under the CAP. There shall be no reservation for Female candidates under Defence, Persons with Disability and SBC categories.
5. Which are the documents required for admission ?
A ) For All Students :
- S.S.C. (Std.X) mark sheet.
- H.S.C. (Std. XII) mark sheet.
- JEE 2014 (Paper 1) marksheet
- School leaving certificate after passing H.S.C. (Std. XII).
- Certificate of the Indian Nationality of the candidate.
B) For Category Students (SC / ST) :
- Caste certificate
- Caste/Tribe validity certificate*( In addition to the documents mentioned as above.)
C) For Category Students (NT / VJ / OBC / SBC ) :
- Caste certificate
- Caste validity certificate
- Non creamy layer certificate@valid upto 31st March 2015. ( In addition to the documents mentioned as above).
6. How I gate admission under management quota ?
Candidate can apply to college directely for admission through management quota. Eligibility for such admission same as mentioned above. 20% of total sheets are available under this quota.
7. How do I know which ARC (Application Receipt Center) I should submit documents at?
You can submit your documents at any center mentioned by DTE, but do note that once submitted you have to visit the same ARC for any follow ups if needed. The list for ARC centers is available on DTE website.
8. What is campus interview? And why is it so important?
Campus interview is to get yourself selected for a job offered by a company, while studying in final year of engineering. In PVPIT most esteemed companies visit the institute to carry out campus interviews.
9. Who grants Autonomy? UGC, AICTE or University
In case of Colleges affiliated to a university and where statutes for grant of autonomy are ready, it is the respective University that finally grants autonomy but only after concurrence from the respective state Government as well as UGC. The State Government has its own powers to grant autonomy directly to Govt. and Govt. aided Colleges.